[fetchmail]Authentication question

2001-04-04 05:45:24
 Hi,

 I upgraded yesterday from fetchmail-5.5.2 to fetchmail-5.8.0 on Linux
2.4.3.
 After the upgrade I began to have problems with an specific remote
 pop server: the authentication failed. The others servers worked OK.
 Aparently fetchmail tried to use cram-md5 authentication but the
 authentication process failed indicating a wrong password
 (the password is correct).

 So, I tried to force password authentication only and edited my
 .fetchmailrc file, inserting the auth password option:

 poll <server> with proto pop3 auth password user <user> with password
                               -------------

 But fetchmail indicated a parse error.
 What I am doing wrong ? Is this sintax incorrect ?

 I found what appears to be a minor inconsistency error in the fetchmail
 man page:
 In the section:
 "Authentication Options"
 states that the default for "--auth <type>" is 'any'

 In the section:
 "Here are the legal server options:"
 states that default for "auth[enticate]" is 'password'

 Aparently the correct is that the default is 'any'.

 Thanks,
 Claudio Leonel Salvadori
 cls(_at_)xpnet(_dot_)com(_dot_)br