The 5.9.7 release of fetchmail is now available at the usual locations,
The source archive is available at:
Here are the release notes:
fetchmail-5.9.7 (Sat Feb 2 00:33:40 EST 2002), 21330 lines:
* Minor fixes by HMH.
* Properly guard some transaction reporting in the SSL code.
* Updated German (de) po file. Added Turkish (tr) po file.
* Expunge edge case fix by Sunil Shetye.
* Fixes for some odd IMAP and SMTP edge cases by Sunil Shetye.
* UIDL bug fix by Matthias Andree.
* Use smtpaddress, if present, to set the return path on warning mail.
* Tell parser to object when SSL keyboard is used with SSL not compiled.
* GSSAPI and ODMR fixes by Tom Hughes.
There are 456 people on fetchmail-friends and 635 on fetchmail-announce.
We're coming up on 6.0.0; in fact, it might be the next release. I plan
to give this one a good while in testing, however.
The one serious design issue still on the table is what to do about
duplicate-killing in multidrop mode. I'm beginning to suspect there
really is no way to do this right, and may yank that feature.
By popular demand, diffs from the previous release have been omitted.
<a href="http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression: for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that
will reach unto himself. -- Thomas Paine