Re: [fetchmail]Enevolope-to Problem

2005-01-10 11:39:31
On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 17:33, Rob MacGregor wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:02:13 +0000, Robert Slade
<fetchmail(_at_)bathnetworks(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hiya,

I have a small fetchmail setup as a backup to my mail server so I can
pop my mail if for any reason my mail server is down.

My setup works fine to mail directly addressed ie with a To: which is
local, the problem I have is that for mail that is via a mailing list or
has been Bcc'd, Fetchmail is not recognising the X-Envelope-To: or the
To: address didn't match any local one

You may wish to RTFM - the man page does detail how to specify the
Envelope-to header correctly.

I did, it says:

  -E <line> | --envelope <line>
              (Keyword:  envelope)  This  option changes the header
fetchmail assumes will carry a copy of the mail’s envelope address.
Nor-mally  this  is ‘X-Envelope-To’ but as this header is not stan-
dard, practice varies.

Snip

To repeat the problem I had both mails had 'X-Envelope-To' but this was
ignored by fetchmail even though I had not turned off or used the
envelope option ie the default activity is not happening as per the
manual.

The manual also refers to the -E "Received" option too but does not
explain it. I have assumed that it is used in the same way as To * here.
This appears to be common on all mail received from that Pop3 server.

My problem is to get Fetchmail to either recognise the X-Envelope-To or
the Envelope-To line for a multi drop mailbox. RTFM is not helping.

Rob