Re: Point of Order (Was: My greatest fear)

1991-08-30 09:12:29
The question before us, the general question that encapsulates all the "nested
encoding" questions, is:
==> SHALL ENCODINGS BE PERMITTED ON CONTENT TYPES MESSAGE AND MULTIPART? <==

My two cents: yes we should encode types message and multipart.
We should only allow one level of encoding, and the multipart
should be split up into  subparts. My preferred 7-bit encoding
for text is (of cause!) mnemonic. Others should be defined too,
like binary and the like should be base64 encoded.

Keld