Re: Updated MIME "fix" list

1993-01-27 18:51:39
4) End of data in Base 64 is not tagged

 Proposed Solution: Add an optional "====" to the end of the base64
                    encoding

Hmmm...I must have missed something, but I don't see why the end of data
can't be determined by the boundary marker.  If a single-content message
needs a specific end of data for its content, enclose it in a
multipart/mixed.

Put another way, why is base64 any different from q-p (or for that matter,
any of the other encodings) in this regard?  It seems like q-p is more
vulnerable than base64 here, since CRLFs are significant in q-p (unless
preceeded by an =), and are ignored in base64.

Keith