Re: Historical trivia

2003-01-15 03:25:02

Dave Crocker wrote:

(I'd guess that GDT means Greenwhich Daylight Time, but
suspect there really is no such thing.)

For what it's worth, Britain currently uses two time-zone(?) designators.
Greenwich (no "h") Mean Time (GMT) in the winter and British Summer Time
(BST) in the summer. During World War II it also used a third (= GMT+2). I
have no idea what that was called. Also, since Portugal (among other
countries) is in the same time-zone(?). I presume they use another
designator for GMT+1 in the summer. I have no idea what that is.

Nick

Nick Shelness
Independent Technology Consultant <nick(_at_)old-mill(_dot_)net>