RE: Has IANA gone mad?

2004-07-18 16:33:54

Is the registration template in the draft of a document
intended to become a Proposed Standard not reviewed by the
IESG?  Doesn't registration in the IETF tree require IESG
review and publication as an RFC [RFC 2048 section 2.1.1]?
What about RFC 2048 [2.3.1] -- was this proposed registration
posted to the ietf-types mailing list for review (I looked at
the mailing list archives, but couldn't find anything in the
past 4 months-- but there seems to be an awful lot of spam)?

Ned was the shepherding AD before I completed the IESG actions on this
document.  He knows the history better than I do, but I can confirm (as I
said in my original reply) that this document _was_ reviewed and approved by
the IESG.  It _will_ become an RFC.  You can check the status, including all
of the relevant IESG comments and dates, using the I-D tracker:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi

-Scott-