Re: Understanding response protocols

2004-10-12 01:26:51

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Keith Moore wrote:

3.  Blind acceptance of MFT when composing replies is a bad idea,
for the same reasons that blind acceptance of Reply-To is a bad idea.

Well, I'm sorry, but 99% of the time when I reply to emails I blindly
accept Reply-To. I don't have the time/patience/concern/whatever to
scrutinize the recipients of every reply that I send. I assume that the
software will "do the right thing". And I suspect that I am pretty
typical in this.

What if there's no Reply-To? Is "blind acceptance" of From a bad idea?

Philip

ph10(_at_)cus(_dot_)cam(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44
1223 334714.