Re: New Internet Draft: draft-duerst-archived-at-03.txt

2005-02-22 23:35:37

At 19:20 05/02/22, Graham Klyne wrote:
>At 10:02 22/02/05 +0900, Martin Duerst wrote:

>>I'm trying to get the W3C list archives available in message/rfc822.
>>I hope you'll contribute to making our common vision a reality,
>>e.g. by working on a mailer so that it accepts message/rfc822
>>messages (via the 'open this file' 'protocol' of the OS) or can
>>download them directly.
>
>FWIW, I just tested the mailbox facility for one of the W3C mailing lists, and it worked just fine with my browser/mailer combination: Firefox passes the downloaded file to Eudora, which opens it just fine.

Please note that this is a feature that was deployed very recently
and is simpilar, but not the same, as the one Keith and I are discussing.

This feature is about having mboxes containing all the mails
from a given period available, in application/mbox format.
That means that the original format of the message is available
(with some rather severe restrictions to protect the information
from spammers), but it is not single messages, and it is not
negotiated at the same location as the HTML format. We are
still working on the later.

Regards, Martin.