Re: [Asrg] A method to eliminate spam

2003-03-18 16:35:28

In message
<5(_dot_)1(_dot_)0(_dot_)14(_dot_)0(_dot_)20030318151235(_dot_)00b746c0(_at_)mail(_dot_)SoftHome(_dot_)net>,

meor(_at_)mail(_dot_)SoftHome(_dot_)net wrote:

rfg wrote:
I don't see any incentives there for CNN to change its current practices.

Were you planning to just send them money?  Or did you figure that
they would assign programmers to work on changing their current
mailing list practices and software to fit your scheme just because
it will seem like fun?

Jesus Christ this list is filled with stupid.  Do you guys effectively
argue anything or do you only skim over messages and point out your own
ignorance?  I've completely outlined the method I was proposing and only
about half of the responses I received were intelligent.  The other half of
the responses were either completely ignorant or a thread fracture debating
how public keys work.

Thanks for sharing.

And please accept my apologies.  I didn't realize until this moment that
I was in the presence of quite such a profound and infallible intellect.

Now that I know, I am suitably in awe.

Have you guys ever thought about what happens if you truly do find an
original idea that would eliminate SPAM?  What if it wasn't 100% backwards
compatible with sendmail?

Then that's a problem.

If you don't understand why it is a problem, then you may perhaps want
to look in your dictionary under the word ``inertia''.

Do you guys have any sort of plan on how to roll
out such a solution across the Internet?

I can't speak for anybody else, but I do.

Unfortunately, if I told you what my idea was, I'd have to kill you.

I'll be able to tell everybody later on.