As a FYI, I'm preparing a revision 2 which I will publish here shortly.
I'm just giving this as a heads-up on what I've changed.
- Trying to remove all occurrences of the word "blacklist", partially
for, ahem, _those_reasons_ (there already had been a round of this some
time ago), and to try to make it more universally applicable to
whitelists too. Explicitly mentioned other uses (eg: IRC or web).
- Added some verbiage for the admin to describe the intended use (eg:
peer addr for email, or links, or IRC or ...), and a MUST on the DNSBL
user to read, understand and implement it according to the DNSBL
- I've adopted (with minor tweaks) JD's wording changes.
- Dropped the word "solely" ;-)
- Changed the word "devastating" to "major" ;-)
- I've taken Mathias' comments on 3.1 onwards almost verbatim. This
includes a new section 3.8 on "protect against misconfig". I've tried
to downplay what efforts a DNSBL operator should make on individual
queriers, and introduced a MUST and SHOULD on DNSBL users too (initial
and periodic DNSBL config test.)
- I've taken Alfred's comments.
When I finish fiddling around with 2.2.1 and 2.2.3 (as a result of the
points made by many people) I'll publish it here for a quick kick at the
cat, and then get it reposted thru the IETF.
Asrg mailing list