Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP Related issues [was Re:dkim.org(mipassoc.org/dkim) web page updated]

2005-11-16 20:48:47

----- Original Message -----
From: "Earl Hood" <earl(_at_)earlhood(_dot_)com>
To: "IETF-DKIM" <ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org>

When I saw your first post about the exercise, I thought it was a
rhetorical one to make a point.

The problem with your exercise is that it assumes that 2821 and
2822 are mutually exclusive and a method may not encompass both.

On the contrary, the excercise covers both aspects of mutally exclusivity as
well as integrated dependency considerations, whose results all depend on
your point of view, discipline and position in the market place.

Design arguments can be made that any method should not encompass both,
but the realities of how email operates may make that difficult since
current operating practices already blur the two.

So you too, proved my point. :-)