Re: [ietf-dkim] Supporting alternate algorithms

2006-02-22 10:28:23
Tony Hansen wrote:
Yeah, me too. Same conclusion, and same assumption.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

Arvel Hathcock wrote:

In that case I would suggest that we make SHA256 a MUST support for
signature verifiers and a SHOULD for signature generators.

SHA-1 should probably also be a MUST for verifiers and a SHOULD for
signers.

For the record, I'm fine with this.  I "felt a disturbance in the Force"
so our implementation and library on sourceforge is already capable
here.  The only assumption I made was that the tag would end up being
a=rsa-sha256.

Just as a practical note, openssl requires -0.98 which gives me a
slight bit of pause given problems in -0.97. Somebody better in
the know can tell me how mature -0.98 is...

                Mike