Re: [ietf-dkim] agenda item on upgrading hash algorithms?

2006-02-22 20:07:39
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Mark Delany

Me three. As a long-time implementor I suck at getting
un-exercised code right. I'd much prefer agility to be
essential to a day one deployment, as it'll otherwise never work.

The only downside is that this does render the legacy base obsolete. But
this is probably not such a great hardship. It might even be a benefit
as people are more likely to upgrade for higher security.

The legacy base of verification code would need to be upgraded ASAP. The
legacy base of signing code could take more time.

Besides, there are already other minor changes in the draft, and certain
to be more in the future, that will require the legacy base to be upgraded.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com