Re: [ietf-dkim] Which tags are required?

2006-07-18 11:02:09
At 11:45 PM -0400 7/17/06, Barry Leiba wrote:
Section 6.1.1 says:
   If the DKIM-Signature header field does not contain any of the tags
   listed as required in Section 3.5 the verifier MUST ignore the DKIM-
   Signature header field and return PERMFAIL (signature missing
   required tag).
It would be good to list all of them in 6.1.1.

While we're here, I'll point out something I missed until Paul set this sentence out separately: the sentence's negative is done badly, leaving it open to misinterpretation (it looks like it means "if NONE of them are there"). I think this works better:

"If any tag listed as 'required' in Section 3.5 is missing from the DKIM-Signature header field, the verifier [...]."

I would prefer "Unless every tag listed here is included in..."

And I really would prefer the list be here, not manually culled from 3.5 by each reader of the spec.