RE: [ietf-dkim] A more fundamental SSP axiom

2006-08-02 12:33:39
As soon as we have a basis for believing that Receive side folk with actually
USE information provided by senders, then the senders are much more likely to
provide it.  After all, providing it improves deliverability.

Ah, I see.  Thanks for helping me understand better.

If we only focus on sender-side desires, then we will specify a jillion clever
mechanisms that will not get used, rather than the few that will.

So, focus narrowly on what receivers would find of immediate benefit for an
initial round of SSP work which will entice senders to provide it.  I hadn't
looked at it quite that way before.  This approach does have several advantages
-- not the least of which is the potential to actually complete something
useful in our life-times.

--
Arvel