Re: [ietf-dkim] Delegating responsibility: a make vs. buy designdecision

2006-08-24 09:29:45
No one has shown that open ended unrestricted DKIM-BASE 3rd party signing
engines are safe and exhibit no open harm to original domain owners.

So where is the guessing?

 a) Unrestricted DKIM-BASE 3rd party signatures are safe?

Or

 b) Optional Controls for DKIM-BASE 3rd party signatures will help
    secure 1st party signatures or 1st party expectations?

If there is a desire to not do any more work in the area, then in my
opinion, there is a burden to show there are no viable threats of major
concern for 1st party domains in an unrestricted DKIM-BASE 3rd party signing
(by anyone) environment.

If that can't be shown, then all that is being done is guess work too and
also guess work about what's good or ok for original domain properties
owners.