Re: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: Use of XPTR records in SSP

2007-04-17 20:45:24
Scott Kitterman wrote:
Additional arguement Con is that a new RR type takes a LONG time to
deploy.
In 2 - 5 years when this new RR type is deployed, whatever problem it was
trying to solve will likely be solved some other way.

I know this has come up before; I have long been searching for specifics
on what needs to be updated.  Name servers?  Resolvers?  Caches?  I know
you can do this today with current and recent versions of BIND.  I have
heard that some Microsoft products may have problems with new RR types,
but real facts have been elusive.

-Jim