Re: [ietf-dkim] Resigner Support of RFC 5617 (ADSP)

2009-10-10 19:14:02
Steve,

The engineering issues are three folds:

1) Domains who use ADSP in open middle ware environments.  We all
agreed since day one with similar SSP exclusive policies it would not
be a good idea for these domains to do this.  It is their
responsibility to make sure they know what they are doing.

2) Resigners (e.g. list servers) are not respecting the DKIM augmented
technology on the table -  RFC 5617

3) Receivers in a general implementation of these new suite of DKIM
technologies do support RFC 5617.

So its not just a matter of domains doing the wrong thing, but
resigners not even considering the potential the new DKIM augmented
technology is CAN be implemented, in such an intentionally neglectful
way understand it can be both a) conflictive with RFC 5617, and b)
create a real problem for downlink distribution.

If the framers of RFC 5617 do not believe it will work, then I propose
  the re-chartering consider the deprecation of RFC 5617.

I don't think we can just work on the "Cross our fingers" premise that
no one will support RFC 5617 - a concept that will ALWAYS be a thorn
on a side for wide DKIM adoption.

So either resigners support it or we get rid of it.

--
HLS