Re: [ietf-dkim] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6376 (4810)

2016-09-26 17:25:30
On 9/26/2016 12:15 PM, RFC Errata System wrote:
Section: 3.5

Original Text
-------------
x-sig-q-tag-args = qp-hdr-value

Corrected Text
--------------
x-sig-q-tag-args = dkim-quoted-printable  ; with ":" encoded

Notes
-----
sig-q-tag-methods are ":"-separated in sig-q-tag, so ":" shouldn't be permitted
within x-sig-q-tag-args.  Note that qp-hdr-value (which I believe was originally
defined for sig-z-tag, which includes "|"-separated values) is defined as

Section 2.10 shows:

    qp-hdr-value    =  dkim-quoted-printable    ; with "|" encoded

so the suggested change doesn't seem to accomplish the stated goal, since the two rules are equivalent.

Nor does dkim-safe-char get us there.

I think the rule should exclude WSP, ":", "/" and "=", and I'm not seeing an existing one that gets us there. Am I missing it?

But basically, yeah, this looks to me like something needing to be fixed.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking