Re: DKIM licensing

2005-07-14 10:35:18

On Jul 14, 2005, at 12:58 PM, Jim Fenton wrote:
There are actually two classes of licensing issues here:

- Licensing issues associated with the technology itself, e.g., issues relating to IPR associated with any of the internet drafts. I consider these to be somewhat in-scope here, as long as they don't get out of hand or continuously revisit comments that have already been made.

- Licensing issues associated with a particular implementation. These should be discussed on a mailing list associated with the particular implementation, such as dkim-milter- discuss(_at_)sourceforge(_dot_)net(_dot_)

I agree with Jim.

We should probably have a little patience on this matter, though. This issue is not new, and I believe Yahoo has stated in the past that they are working on it. Unfortunately, these things take time.