Re: DKIM: t=SecondsSince1970

2005-07-15 09:24:28

william(at)elan.net wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 domainkeys-feedbackbase02(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com wrote:

As far as I can tell, the main rationale is that data arithmetic/comparisons on SecondsSince1970 is trivial,
whereas doing so on 20050714T045532 is quite a pain.

Be serious, you're engineer and programmer after all. The transition
of full data specified as above to seconds is trivial function with
minimum computational requirements well supported in every system OS.

Plus remember that its only for unix system that seconds after 1970
is native format, for all other systems, they have to convert to it.

I'd say that this is a perfect example of not sweating the
small stuff. Either will work. Both are possible to program.
We made a decision one way. Unless there's actual harm, I
really see no reason to revisit this kind of nit. The downside
of gratuitious spec churn, however, is real.

                Mike