RE: QUERY: Key Server Choices

2005-07-25 12:16:59

So I think the questions are:

1. Key Server:

   1a. Do you agree that storing public keys in the DNS is
the way to go? or

Most definitely.

   1b Would using some form of HTTP retrieval or HTTP key
server be better?

At this point we think it would be worse. With the DK install base the way
it is
now, we need to continue down the road that is working. KRS will just
complicate
things right now. I have to agree with Arvel on the per user level vs. per
domain level
comment in adding complexity that the core specification does not need nor
should
support with domain level today.

In the future when we get Domain level out of the way, then we can begin
to worry about more complex user level and or KRS

2. Working group project management

   2a. Should the working group focus on the current,
DNS-based mechanism now, and pursue additional mechanisms later? or

Yes.

   2b. Should the working group include development of a
non-DNS-based mechanism as part of its initial delivery?

No, we need to break the surface first before attempting
non-DNS-based.

-Dennis