Re: PROCEDURAL ISSUE: RE: QUERY: Key Server Choices

2005-07-26 04:04:41

On 2005-07-25 17:13:27 -0700, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

The true choices here are three fold:

  1) Only use DNS based keying
  2) Design a completely new non-DNS based keying mechanism from scratch
  3) Support the use of existing non-DNS keying mechanisms that are
approved standards

I agree.

(As I said before, I don't think the charter should a priori exclude
non-DNS mechanisms for key storage and retrieval.  I'm fine, though,
with leaving the design of entirely new mechanisms out of scope.)

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C   <tlr(_at_)w3(_dot_)org>