RE: QUERY: Key Server Choices

2005-07-26 14:27:13

[mailto:owner-ietf-mailsig(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Earl
Hood

I do NOT believe that anyone is stating that something like
xkms or joebob PKI method must be supported to be DKIM
compliant.  It can be specified that to be DKIM compliant,
only the DNS method must be supported.  Alternative methods
are considered extensions and only need to be supported if a
DKIM adopter/implementor chooses to do so.

I am certainly not suggesting a mandatory mechanism.

What I am suggesting is nothing more than defining a q value that
parties that already have an XKMS server can use.