Re: DNS stuff (was Re: revised Proposed Charter)

2005-07-29 14:08:32

Andrew Newton wrote:

On a related note, I do not see in dkim_base that multiple character strings in TXT records are to be concatenated before parsing. This is not such a big deal, but I don't see any harm in explicitly specifying it. I was thinking of suggesting that each character string be treated as a separate tag-list to work around issues with semicolons, but that would most likely screw up the public key as it is likely to span more than one character string.

I might also add that bind is much less than informative when you have a
TXT record which spans more than 256 bytes in one set of ""'s. Something
to the effect of "out of memory" or something similarly unhelpful.  :/

      Mike