Right now, we are supposed to be reviewing all of the documents.
However, as demonstrated in the "DEPLOY/IPR: Fundamental
Disagreements, or Get On With It" thread, there doesn't seem to be a
rough consensus that the SenderID license is acceptable. (Actually,
there appears to be a rough consensus that it isn't acceptable.)
Unlike other corrections/suggestions that we are making, the SenderID
license can not be changed. Therefore, if it is unacceptable, this
will prevent the marid-core and marid-pra I-Ds from advancing.
If these two I-Ds can't advance, it would be a waste of time to review
them for other problems. Actually, it would also be a waste of time
for the marid-submitter I-D to advance because it requires the PRA.
Now, I don't expect the co-chairs to rule today or tomorrow. There
needs to be more time for people to make up their minds and express
their views on the SenderID license. Heck, while I have raised
certain objections to it, I still am not reading to say whether it is
acceptable to me or not. (I'm hoping to hear from people like the FSF
and IBM lawyers who were working with MS earlier.)
However, it seems to me to be a wise use of this working groups time
to decide the license issue early, and then move on from there.