AGAIN: "Hash:" either SHOULD be used, or default to MD5

1998-06-03 16:12:00
Is the third or fourth time?

Section 7 states...

Zero or more "Hash:" armor headers.

That should be One or more "Hash:" armor headers, with a note that an
implementation MAY omit them only for MD5/V3/etc. interoperability.

I had some different substitute text last time, but then there was a
suggested ammendment.

This really needs to be fixed.  Open PGP implementations should have Hash:
headers.  Otherwise the default must be MD5 to interoperate with earlier
implementations.

On another note, you may want to grep for MAY NOT (in the section for
partial packet length bytes).  I thing MAY NOT should read SHOULD NOT or
MUST NOT, and MAY NOT might occur elsewhere.

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---