Re: opgp99s.tgz - update, final call

1998-07-20 06:39:01
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Werner Koch wrote:

alg id in the ESK packet will prevent it from finding your keys.

Sorry, I noticed myself that it will not work (I should enable my
brain before posting).  Okay, okay, I'll make 17,16 the default
algorithms.

And doesn't the new way of computing KeyIDs hash the algorithm ID number
in with the key material?  Then the same ElGamal key with two different
AlgIDs would have two different KeyIDs.

So if you mix and match, you will create the same problem with V3 v.s. V4
RSA keys, or that same keys with different dates will have different IDs.

(Using the hash was a good idea for the new keyid, hashing anything more
than the MPIs probably was not).

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---