OpenPGP Trust Algorithm

2004-03-01 17:13:06

Len Sassaman <rabbi(_at_)abditum(_dot_)com> writes:

I wouldn't say that they didn't define trust. PGP has internal trust
calculation algorithms, which happen not to be documented within the IETF.
I have always thought this unfortunate. I agree that trust calculation
should be orthogonal to the OpenPGP message format specification, but I do
wish that it were documented.

You are welcome to write an I-D that describes this algorithm
and present it to the working group.  I think this would be in-scope,
and if not we could recharter to include it.

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com