Re: IDEA in v3-v4 conflict (was Re: OpenPGP at IETF-59 Draft Minutes #1)

2004-03-10 17:01:57

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:44:04 -0800 Jon Callas <jon(_at_)callas(_dot_)org> wrote:
{that said, many of us are still holding on to our v3 keys,
at least till all the subkey signing issues are resolved ;-) }

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it.

Derek and I went through the issues from Seoul this afternoon, and

that's resolved now. A draft should come out soon -- he's going to
post
some things about the remaining open issues where there's no text.

great!

but what about the difference in subkey production?

will PGP generate/allow addition of subkeys that can sign as well as
encrypt?

it might be necessary if the requirement is for the subkey to sign the
master, and the master to sign the subkey

Does this mean you think I should strip out all V3 keys now? I'd
be
happy to put out an interim draft RSN to just put a nail in V3 keys
as
you suggest. :-)

      Jon

(In case it's not clear, I really am joking)

{it is clear ;-) }

but the truth is,
it probably wouldn't matter,

the hardline v3 users don't rely primarily on servers for key exchange

vedaal

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434