Re: inline/partitioned vs. PGP/MIME support in MUA's

2005-01-23 05:18:23

David Shaw wrote:
On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 12:57:46PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:

Jon Callas wrote:

I'm happy to have documents say or not say whatever they need to
say or not say. Whatever else we do, let's leave 1991 out of
discussions. Like Mr. Cleese's parrot, it has joined the choir
eternal, and only stands up if someone nails it to its perch.

If only - 1991 is the only place I could find that defines V2 keys,
which I still see in the wild.

That's not so - both 2440 in section 5.5.2, and 2440bis in section 14
define V2 keys as the same as V3 keys except for the version number.
Since both documents define V3 keys, that effectively defines V2 keys
as well.

So it does. I managed to miss that somehow. Thanks.

Cheers,

Ben.