Re: Signer's User ID

2005-07-21 01:32:58
On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 07:39 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
Hello!

I'd like to have a clarification of the signature subpacket

  5.2.3.22. Signer's User ID

<SNIP>

OTOH, for applications it makes more sense to have just the vanilla
mail address (mailbox(_at_)domain) here.  This would make it easier to
compare a mail's From address to the actual signature.

As I actually never really took time to read the full spec, I didn't
come across of this before, but this is indeed ideal for making keys
distributed in nature.

"Solution" for making it distributed would be:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-openpgp/mail-archive/msg11035.html

I haven't seen the agenda yet and it is not online, but it might be
interresting to have a chat about this. The slot is monday morning from
09:00 - 10:00...

Question to Werner: does gnupg support the above item, if not can we add
it, and secondly could we have gnupg then derive the keyserver from it
as I noted before? (read: want a patch?)

Greets,
 Jeroen