Re: Bad Armour Headers

2006-01-05 12:24:34

Ben Laurie wrote:

Word wrapping would not occur because the lines would be short enough to
avoid it.

Word wrapping can occur at any length.  I've seen it at
50 chars or so, which was pretty extreme.

The reason I say that the header lines SHOULD BE NO LONGER
than the ascii-armor is because if the wordwrap / slice
limit is less than the ascii-armor, then we're sunk anyway.

Although I suppose it is possible to strike a wordwrap
but not slice artifact.

David Shaw wrote:

> Incidentally, I believe this is legal now:
>
>   Comment: this is the first part of my comment
>   Comment: this is the second part of my comment
>
> I'd recommend that over a new encoding for line-wrapped armor headers
> that will have to be added to all the existing armor parsers.

Definately.  I don't see any need to change the
format of the comments to solve this problem, it
seems to be thrashing a dead horse.

iang