Re: [openpgp] Offline key flag

2013-03-05 10:58:00
On Tue,  5 Mar 2013 17:30, dshaw(_at_)jabberwocky(_dot_)com said:

Can you give an example why would someone want to publish that their private
key is offline?  I'm not sure I see a use for that.

I have two encryption keys but only one marked as offline.  If someone
wants to send a quick message he would encrypt to the non-offline key.
If he has to tell me something really secret, he would select the
offline key, assuming that I will move the message to a non-networked
box where the offline key is stored.

I am not sure whether this is really useful for most users, but split
and group keys are also somewhat esoteric and not even defined in
OpenPGP.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner