Re: [openpgp] Proposal for a separable ring signature scheme compatible with RSA, DSA, and ECDSA keys

2014-03-14 12:49:09
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:26, dkg(_at_)fifthhorseman(_dot_)net said:

I'm not sure i agree with this line of reasoning.  older keys can be
imported into newer software (i've done that multiple times).  if the

It is all about probability.

goal here is simply cryptographic non-repudiability, Alice's peer is

There is no such thing as mechanically created non-reputability.  But
why make it too easy.

it doesn't make sense to rely on non-cryptographic signals (e.g. typical
OpenPGP implemnetation version information, etc) to rule out possible
cryptographic signers.

I case we are speaking about this: The whole point of criminial
investigations is to collect lots of evidence from _different sources_
to prove or disprove a claim.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner