Re: [openpgp] "OpenPGP Simple"

2015-03-20 11:23:33
Stephen Paul Weber <singpolyma(_at_)singpolyma(_dot_)net> writes:

IMHO it's much nicer, from an implementation point of view, to have
everything in one document instead of having to go off and reference a
dozen or more documents.

This is true if you're building a complete implentation like GnuPG,
but less true if you just want a way to verify signatures sent to you.

I mean, not that I find the spec that complex, but the webby people I
deal with seem to.

Have you tried to have them read the CMS/PKIX set of specs??  And they
still think that 4880 is too complex??

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com