Re: [openpgp] Issuer Fingerprint

2016-06-14 08:27:18
Werner Koch(wk(_at_)gnupg(_dot_)org)@Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 03:17:25PM +0200:
I can imagine valid reasons not to use this; in particular if you want a
very short signature and the key is already known my other means.

I'd have thought it's mostly an issue of backwards compatibility?

Generally though, I think this type of "there may be valid scenarios",
which make a standard less strict and give more freedom to the
implementation, result in severely hampered interoperability, defeating
the purpose of having a standard in the first place.

 - V