Re: [openpgp] V5 Fingerprint again

2017-03-02 02:05:13
On 1 March 2017 at 22:02, Robert J. Hansen <rjh(_at_)sixdemonbag(_dot_)org>
wrote:

1) Should we deprecate SHA1 in signatures? (Or did we already?)

This would break all existing signatures for no good reason.  Instead a
new v5
key format MUST NOT be used with signatures "weaker" than SHA-256.

Deprecation is not the same as obsoleting.  Deprecation doesn't break
existing signatures; it just says new signatures MUST NOT use SHA-1.

It sounds as if you're agreeing with the deprecation suggestion.  Or am I
badly misunderstanding something?

Sorry if I wasn't clear before; I meant what Werner said.

-Thijs