[openpgp] Linked Identities / URI Attributes status

2017-10-06 04:11:50
Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask about Linked Identities for OpenPGP [0]. I'm planning to
write tooling to manage Linked Identities UAT packets but as far as I
can see Linked Identities rely on URI Attributes [1] and URI Attributes
(because it's still draft) do not have IANA-assigned User Attribute Type
[2]. The only implementation that I know of (OpenKeychain) use
experimental value for these packets.

Is there anything that blocks URI Attributes [1] from being approved and
having an official (2-99) User Attribute type?

Thank you for you time!

Kind regards,

Wiktor

[0]: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vb-openpgp-linked-ids-01