Revised ID needed for draft-ietf-opes-end-comm-06.txt

2004-03-30 14:54:38

Folks,

here's the third of our pending drafts. We also deed to revise our tracing draft draft-ietf-opes-end-comm-06.txt. Please see ID tracker at https://datatracker.ietf.org for details. In summary, it looks like the following issues needs to be addressed:

 - The design choice in Section 4 needs to be explained/motivated
   better, i.e. why is a bypass request ignored rather than an error
   message returned when there's no non-opes version.

   Our text explains that it might be impossible for a specific OPES
   intermediary to determine whether a non-opes version is available
   or not. In this case, it makes sense to *not* send an error
   message and ignore the request.

   But if the intermediary can determine that no non-opes version is
   available, there might be scenarios where an error message might
   be preferred over ignoring the bypass.

 - Section 8.2 discusses a threat introduced by using OPES for
   wiretap, but according to RFC 2804, the "IETF has decided not to
   consider requirements for wiretapping as part of the process for
   creating and maintaining IETF standards."

   Seems like removing this specific threat scenario from Section 8.2
   will address this specific comment.

 -  The Security and Authorization requirements should be made
    normative.

Abbie - if you need someone to help with these or need some discussion, please let us know. Otherwise, let's get the changes in and re-submit.

Thanks,
  Markus