Re: P work in new charter

2004-07-01 01:06:43

Markus Hofmann wrote:

* Writing simple filters/actions: While modifying a message to be able to

If a function like "adding of authentication controls" is needed, a
little service doing this can be written, and a rule can be specified
to invoke this service.

I beleive and agree with others on the need for  local services for peformance
reasons. If the mechanism is an indirect way of registering local services that
is
fine - but then we should clearly specify means of interfacing external modules
P. [ does that add to the scope of P? ]

(d) defining mechanisms by which a user can communicate rulesets to the OPES
processor.

Such mechanism is needed (one might default to existing ones), but out
of scope of the WG.

Can you please give me specific pointers to existing mechanisms here? I would
like
to evaluate their sufficiency  for the intended usage.

Thanks and regards
Geetha