Re: Bounce/System Notification Address Verification

2005-06-28 09:59:38
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:54:55 EDT, Hector Santos said:

If you disagree with my comments, opinion, etc,  fine.  Explain, show or
throw in your own opinions, even say I'm wrong,  but the PERSONAL ATTACKS
HAS GOT TO STOP!

The closest I can see to a "personal attack" in Keith's note is:

Hey, you're the one blocking perfectly legitimate mail using poor
criteria,

Keith's expressing a tautology here - if it blocks legitimate mail, it's
a poor criterion by definition.

          and meanwhile touting the superiority of your products and
expertise as justification for why everyone should do things your way.

Given the number of times you've said "We do it this way, therefore the
rest of you should" with little or no consideration of what circumstances
caused the codifying of standards sections you find inconvenient, I think
he's got you here as well...

Maybe if you fixed your mail system to work according to
standards rather than your imagination you wouldn't attract such
criticism.

This one is borderline.  However, I'd *strongly* recommend not starting any
"defamation and tort legal action" unless you are *really* sure that *nobody*
is able to produce a copy of an RFC-compliant message that was rejected by any
mail system under your control at the time...

(Anybody got one? ;)