Re: Some text that may be useful for the update of RFC 2376

2000-03-15 19:37:43
At 15:29 00/03/15 +0100, Chris Lilley wrote:

"Martin J. Duerst" wrote:

At 00:21 00/03/15 +0900, MURATA Makoto wrote:

 >> - XML sent as application/xml (or equivalent):
 >>   - Charset parameter is strongly recommended, and if present,
 >>     it takes precedence.
 >
 >Charset parameter is *disallowed*.

I'm not sure it makes sense to disallow it, but discouraging
it might be fine.

No. Discourage means wool; it means sometimes-this, sometimes-that. It
means admitting the possibility of conflicting sources of information.

RFC 2396 currently even strongly recommends it, so changing that
to disallowing it doesn't work so easily.

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, I18N Activity Lead, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst(_at_)w3(_dot_)org   http://www.w3.org/People/D%C3%BCrst