RE: Making the IETF meeting network more representative of the real world

2001-08-09 13:00:03
Matt Holdrege wrote:

The terminal room and wireless network at IETF meetings are
*working* networks. They aren't for playing around. We've
been there and done that and it isn't fun.

I am not suggesting playing around. Either the products are useful
and solve the problem or they are not. Since a large number of
people believe that NAT solves our problems, I have to conclude
there must be useful products. The alternative is that these people
believe NAT is fine because they never have to use it to realize
that the products don't really work in that environment. If the
latter is the case then the debate should end, NAT should be
declared historic, and all IPv4 focused WGs should be shut down.

Tony