Hitting some very high points....
- Talking is important. It's what the IETF does.
- Standards are one, but not the only, output of that talking.
- Publishing good ideas is important. It's what the RFC Editor does.
- Mission statements are dangerous. Discussing them makes you have to admit
that you disagree. Hiding the disagreement requires making the mission
statements say nothing.
- Anything is possible to misunderstand. Especially if it's short.
We'll see where we can get from there.
Description: PGP signature