RE: What exactly is an internet (service) provider?

2004-06-21 11:38:21
Yes, with tunnel brokering and the ability to reverse-tunnel "Roaming"
'Internet users should be able find a way to communicate on their own
terms', as they move in a "Mobile Environment" switching back-end
networks if required, for Mobile VPN.

Kudos to Cisco's Mobile Access Router 3200 for being  an example for
this architecture.

Yes, I had the pleasure of "piggyback" riding a WiFi network setup by a
neighbor while in a hotelroom in a remote, forsaken  place and in the
words of Ole, 'as a consumer of paid-for Internet service (that works)',
there was no reason for me to care and probably these rules set for user
terms will need to be integrated for policy to switch to another network
if I really have to pay. Somebody is paying, but there really ain't no
free lunch!

Regards,
Harsh Verma
Director, R&D, GLOCOL, Inc
Past Vice-Chair (Industry) R&D WG, NECCC
Member, Cross Boundary WG
Tel: +1(916)684-3262
E-Mail: hverma(_at_)glocol(_dot_)net
www.glocol.net