Re: non-solution

2004-06-23 12:26:59

Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

If the filter is after the
server providing the form page and the SUBMIT button, yes, the
server received the message. IETF can have a log file before the
filter (SOP), allowing review of what is filtered.

Substantially similar capabilities are present in all of the SMTP
MTA's I'm familiar with.

The problem, as has been (too) extensively discussed here, is that
blacklists and other routing restrictions prevent the email from ever
reaching the desired user's MTA (not to mention the user's MUA).

What I suggested is a web interface to the IETF mailboxes, such that
any routing problems TO those mailboxes would cease to be an issue,
allowing the IETF to be in FULL CONTROL of what is forwared to a
mailbox, or not.

Of course, I still believe that insisting in only using the email
for communications and screaming "bloody murder" when it does not
work for some reason, at some time, is very un-Internet. If you want
only a single path, you have to live with the resulting single point of
failure. Allowing web-based messages in addition to email is a simple
and cost-effective way to provide redundancy and reduce the importance
of problems such as reported by Anderson.