Re: non-solution

2004-06-26 11:19:29
to save trees, please read my past messages here, the answers are there.
Thanks.

shogunx wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Ed Gerck wrote:

shogunx wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

On 23-jun-04, at 3:54, Ed Gerck wrote:

Of course, I still believe that insisting in only using the email
for communications and screaming "bloody murder" when it does not
work for some reason, at some time, is very un-Internet. If you want
only a single path, you have to live with the resulting single point of
failure. Allowing web-based messages in addition to email is a simple
and cost-effective way to provide redundancy and reduce the importance
of problems such as reported by Anderson.

The IETF has used email as its primary method of conducting its
business for almost 20 years. The IETF is also in charge of all the
relevant standards. So if email doesn't work, I think the IETF should
fix it rather than come up with ad-hoc additional communication
mechanisms that have more than enough problems of their own.

I am in agreement that the mailing list mechanism should not be
tampered with... it works, so don't break it.

What I suggested could easily and seamlessly merge with the mailing
list, as an email that was received by a web interface.

What are you suggesting, a web-based archive of list traffic and a form on
a website to post to ietf lists?

BTW, I'm glad you are in the first phase of problem solving -- denial.
I'm suggesting we move to the second phase -- investigate options to
solve the problem.

Please define the problem that you are attempting to solve.

sleekfreak pirate broadcast
http://sleekfreak.ath.cx:81/