RE: How the IPnG effort was started

2004-11-16 19:30:54
Noel Chiappa wrote:
The IETF needs to seriously face the reality of the
network that's really out there, not the network some
of us wish were there.

grenville armitage wrote:
I imagine any number of circuit-switching Telco-types
said much the same thing to the emerging packet-switching
fanatics 30+ years ago. And I know B-ISDN types said the
same to "Internet fanatics" 15+ years ago.

I think you missed the point. As of today, IPv6 is in the same situation
ISDN has always been:

I Still Don't Need.

ISDN which 10 years ago was supposed to be the digital miracle that
would save us from the analog crap and take over the world never took
off because the price was not worth the gain, the majority of phones and
dial-up still are analog and now ISDN costs _more_ than DSL or cable for
low-end data.

Michel.